The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport is pleased to announce that the applications for the 40th Ship for Southeast Asian Youth Program (SSEAYP) is now open for participating youth between 18 to 30 years old. For details and application requirements, check the announcement below.
The Cabinet Office, the Government of Japan, is pleased to announce the open of application for the Discussion Facilitators to the 40th Ship for Southeast Asian Youth Program.
The Facilitators, who are well-informed and competent for facilitating discussions throughout the program, shall be appointed to provide support for Participating Youths (PYs) in the Discussion Program. Facilitators should have ample knowledge and experience in the respective group themes and the ability to facilitate discussions. As such, they are expected to provide the PYs with guidance and advice to carry out the Discussion Program as well as to implement the Post-Program Activities.
The Discussion Program for SSEAYP 2013 shall involve Facilitators with good grasp of current issues and extensive experiences to provide the needed support in the operation of the program related to the 8 main themes below:
1) Corporate Social Contributions
2) Cross-cultural Understanding Promotion
3) Environment (Natural Disaster Reduction)
4) Food and Nutrition Education
5) Health Education (Measures against HIV/AIDS)
6) International Relations (ASEAN-Japan Cooperation)
7) School Education
8) Information and Media
Qualification of the Facilitators
(1) Good command of English to facilitate discussion (reference level: TOEIC 860, TOEFL(iBT) 100, TOEFL(CBT) 250, TOEFL(PBT) 600, IELTS 7.0 , or equal ability)
(2) Basic knowledge and experience in the field of the group theme in charge
(3) Able to work from October 28 to December 9, 2013 during the country program in Japan, onboard the ship as well as counties to be visited.
(4) Able to attend the Facilitators Meeting held in Tokyo from August 12 to 15, 2013. (Actual meeting is held for two days on August 13 and 14.)
(5) Between 27 and 40 years of age as a general rule
(6) Be sound in mental and body
The respective governments and/or Alumni Associations may nominate appropriate persons to the Cabinet Office with his/her Application Form (See the attached document) with the letter of recommendation to this effect by the concerned government and/or Alumni Association not later than May 7, Tuesday, 2013.
For Cambodian applicants, please submit your application to
Mr. Sreang Kimlee
Vice President, SSEAYP International Cambodia
012 888 377
For more information, please contact Miss Ly Sereyrath through 012 454 536
Check links below for application form and further information:
SSEAYP International General Assembly (SIGA) is annually organized by the SSEAYP Alumni of each member countries. This year, the Lao SSEAYP Alumni Association (LaoSAA) is hosting the 25thSIGA in Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR under the theme “SSEAYP together Experience Culture: Embracing the SSEAYP family members and beyond in the splendid.”
To register for SIGA 2013, please fill in the application form below and submit it to SSEAYP International Cambodia along with registration payment of 250 USD no later than March 18th, 2013. Round trip bus fee will be sponsored by SIC President Mr. Heng Soknang.
Below are the registration form and other important documents that you MUST read before registration.
For more information, please contact Miss Sereyrath Ly (012 454 536)